Photo Gallery

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By TallPaul on 27/03/13 at 9:57am

While we're surveying walks we're taking, or rather Beth is taking, a lot of photos so we thought as well as putting them online in the walks we'd also have a gallery. Eventually this will probably be another tab at the top of the page but as it has involved a lot of coding and some fiddly JavaScript I thought I'd mention it here first so that people could take a look with their browsers and see what they thought of it before I tell the masses about it via the news page, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

So to view the photos you need to start here and the follow your nose.

(The map is the usual map tech we use so dragging and scroll wheel zooming works.)

Anyway do tell me what you think and especially if you have any problems (and if you do have could you let me know the browser and operating system you're using, including release numbers/versions). Ta.

By TallPaul on 29/03/13 at 9:53pm

While we're surveying walks we're taking, or rather Beth is taking, a lot of photos so we thought as well as putting them online in the walks we'd also have a gallery. [...] So to view the photos you need to start here and the follow your nose.

We've started adding tags to the photos today.

Our initial tags are for photos featuring Jessie, juniper bushes or a waterfall.

We're also tagging our favourite photos as photo of the day where they are photos we intend to use in future for a new "Photo of the Day" spot.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.