Summer Lakes Getaway

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By tonymac on 12/01/14 at 3:41pm

I'm looking for a large Lakeland property for a long weekend family get-together this summer ideally during the school holiday period. I was originally hoping to find somewhere around either the towns of keswick or Ambleside as there is more to offer for such a large group(20ish) but im open to any ideas. I have already searched the internet and only really found a few options without the cost sky-rocketing, if anyone knows of any good suggestions that would be heplful please post a link.

By TallPaul on 12/01/14 at 3:55pm

Have you tried our roomfinder? Some of the listing seem to be lying about the number of people they can accommodate if I ask it for sleeps 20+ (I'll be talking to LateRooms about that) but I see that Sykes have Shepherds Villa at Coniston, so not far from Ambleside, which sleeps 23.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.