Can anyone advise me please?

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By muckers24 on 01/08/15 at 4:05pm

Me and my family (2 kids aged 5 and 7) are having a week in the Lake district and i'm looking for walks that involve walking through Forests and hopefully walking through little streams etc, my kids really enjoy doing this. It's not a problem walking a good few miles, they love to walk.

Any suggestions of these type of walks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

By beth on 01/08/15 at 10:05pm

Hmm, forests. Well we've got Grizedale, Whinlatter, Dodd Wood, Great Wood, Holme Wood to name a few. But it's difficult to suggest anywhere though that has trickling streams that would suit 2 kids to play in. It's not something I've ever looked out for.

A couple of ideas, though don't really satisfy the forest element is wander through keswick to Friars Crag and follow Derwent Water shore line for a bit. Or go to a tarn, like Lily Tarn above Ambleside to splash about, or play spot the newts.

A short walk to Friar's Crag from the Moot Hall, Keswick Lily Tarn above Ambleside.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.