I have a keen and able 6yr old

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By Scogeedee on 19/01/17 at 9:11pm

Hi. We are always outdoors but are looking to take the next step with our 6yr old. We have waked a few eg cat bells etc but are looking for some good walks to do with him looking really for up and down rather than treks obviously. Looking for good advice and starting points. Cheers.

By CarlandHay on 20/01/17 at 1:08pm

Hi, for most of our walks we use the Hills tab at the top of the page then zoom in to the map and select a hill/Wainwright. If you then click the link on the picture it gives you details of walks, these are very informative with detailed information on start points, the walk route and difficulty, including pictures of the route. I also download a .gpx file to use with my GPS just for reassurance if the weather closes in. If you don't want to do a round walk you could just use the description to the summit and retrace your steps. Maybe try Helm Crag (The Lion and the Lamb) or Loughrigg Fell both relatively easy with lovely views at the top. hope that helps. Regards Carl.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.