Log your walks...

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By Peaco on 07/05/19 at 10:18am

Hi All,

I am very much new to all this, I've just joined today. Over the weekend, I did Catbells and walked around Ennerdale Water.. I cant even begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed this and I am already thinking about my next hill and my next walk.. however, we are not able to log our walks on this website. Is this something that we could possibly get in place? Does anybody else agree?

By TallPaul on 07/05/19 at 10:46am

Just to be clear are you talking about logging that you've done the walks which are described on this site?

If so then we've been discussing this and we rather like the idea and indeed we could then show the total number you've walked in the popup you get when you click on a username in the forum, just as we do now for hills bagged (take a look at beth for example who's done a lot of hill bagging, unsurprisingly as she created all our walks). So you are then effectively "bagging" walks just like you can bag hills.

Does that sound good?

By Peaco on 07/05/19 at 11:46am

Hi,

Yes, I'm just interested in logging the walks that you have described on the website. I used your website for the walk around Ennerdale.. I just thought it would be great to log that I've done it, tick it off I suppose.

By SheepFarmer on 12/05/19 at 7:30am

On this theme about logging / bagging walks, have a map similar to the hill bagging one with undone walks marked with a different colour signpost.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.