Recommendations

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By Richmond2013 on 19/01/20 at 2:36pm

Hello Everyone!! I'm due to stay at Greenhowes Caravan Park in August. We're novice walkers and would really appreciate recommendations of easy/moderate walks to do during the day. We would like ideas for places nearby where we can leave the car and also places a short drive away so we can explore further afield! We will be travelling with my 12 year old son and a small dog. Many thanks

By SheepFarmer on 20/01/20 at 4:41pm

You'll probably find it hard to beat the walks prepared by Beth on this site especially as a novice, with all the info they contain to help guide you & any issues for dogs. Just pick your grade & drag/zoom map to your area of interest etc. Although is easy/moderate your thoughts or from this site, as moderate here may be harder than you want.

The other thing I'd say is about traffic & parking, the earlier you can get off in the morning the better progress you'll make & your chances of parking especially anywhere with limited spaces will be better.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.