Dales: Three Peaks work starts

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By beth on 04/08/12 at 10:24pm

Over in the Yorkshire Dales an interesting bit of work is getting underway to provide an alternative to the boggy and eroded route over Horton Moor and Black Dubb Moss. I still shudder at the memory of going in over my waist near Hull Pot Beck many years ago. My walking companion couldn't get near enough to pull me out so we had to wait a few minutes until a couple of lads came by and helped!

The new route will go over Whitber Hill making use of existing paths, with the help of a new footbridge, and a lot of stone and manpower.

More here: Yorkshire Dales National Park: Work starts on replacement path for Three Peaks

By pistolrider on 28/11/13 at 5:26pm

Yep! that bit from Ribblehead to Horton absolute nightmare. We always used to have two parties doing reciprocal routes, so that we could leave a vehicle at each of the above locations and not end up, up to our eyeballs in soggy peat.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.