Carhullan Farmhouse is a magnificent stone cottage situated high on Bampton Common, just 4 miles from Shap and 11 miles from Penrith. Decorated to a high spec with a contemporary finish the cottage oozes charm and warmth. Many of the original features including exposed wooden beams and wooden flooring is still visible.
Sleeping up to 10 people in 4 bedrooms (one of which is a family room for 4), guests will also benefit from two sitting rooms, both with log burning stoves and a superb open-plan dining and kitchen area complete with dining table and breakfast island.
Outside, the lawned garden & patio area with gas BBQ & 6-seat Hot Tub is a wonderful space to enjoy the spectacular scenery and morning-to-afternoon sunshine (on those sunnier days). There are plenty of walks available from your doorstep including High Street to Ullswater and the quieter Eastern fells.
Adjoining the cottage is the converted barn now providing a games room complete with pool table and beer-fridge.
The nearest village is Bampton which has a village store & tea room and a superb pub called the Crown & Mitre which serves good food and real ale (Booking advised)
Carhullan Farmhouse is Dog-Friendly and Child-Friendly.
- Lounge: Open plan with Freesat TV, DVD, Bluetooth Speaker and a large wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen/Diner: With electric Aga, dishwasher, two wine racks, Dolce Gusto coffee machine and microwave.
- Utility room: With fridge/freezer, Baby Belling cooker, washing machine, and tumble dryer.
- Sitting Room: With a wood-burning stove, TV with BT Vision package and DVD player.
- Shower Room: With power shower, WC, bidet, and washbasin.
- Bedroom 1: With 17th Century four-poster bed.
- Bathroom: With bath, WC and washbasin (this Jack & Jill bathroom may be used as an en-suite for bedroom 1 or shared with bedroom 2)
- Bedroom 2: With twin beds (can be zipped together to make a super king-size bed).
- Bedroom 3: With double bed and en-suite with power shower, WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom 4: With super-king size bed (can be split into two single beds), bunk beds in the curtained annexe, baby cot and en-suite with power shower, WC, bidet, and washbasin.
- Type 2 - 16A (3.6kW) Electric Vehicle Charger
- Outside: Lawned garden and garden seating.
- Force8 Master Spa - 6 Seat Hot Tub .
- Ample parking. Telephone for incoming calls. 2 Pets welcome
- Broadband Wi-Fi
About The Location
Restaurants, Markets & Stores:
Bampton Tea Room, Bampton - 1.5 miles
Bampton Village Store, Bampton - 1.5 miles
Crown & Mitre Inn - 3 miles
Punch Bowl, Askam - 4 miles
The Greyhound Hotel, Shap - 4 miles
Coop Convenience Store, Shap - 4 miles
Sainsbury's, Penrith - 11 miles
Most Popular Attractions:
Lowther Castle & Gardens + kids adventure park - 4 miles
Rheged Activity Centre & IMAX - 7 miles
We also have details of 13 other similar properties nearby which might suit you.
WalkLakes nearest walks to here (as the crow flies) are: