North York Moors or Pennines

Forum » General Forums » General discussion

By YoungJason on 08/06/18 at 6:18am (last edited 27/02/19 at 11:16am)

Hi everyone !

I have 1 week free in August and am planning a 5-day trip. I'm picking the destinations and narrowed down to two options which are North York Moors and Pennines. I've seen that some of your have experiences in these places and I would like to ask for your opinion which place is good for walking & backpacking in August.

Any recommendation on good resources on the route/ recommended hike & trial would be nice too !

I always backpack solo and like to go light and they seem like 2 best options that come into my attention. If you have any real user experience that you could share would be much appreciated. Would really love to hear if they are easy to set up/take down, especially how do they sound when you camp in quite windy highland.

Thank you !

By Hiker7 on 05/01/19 at 8:01pm

The Eskdale Way in NYMoors would be worth a look.In the Pennines a trip form Edale along the Pennine Way is an option.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.