Forum query - saving 'tops walked' in walk reports

Forum » General Forums » Mapping

By Oli R C on 13/06/17 at 7:35pm

Hi,

I would have posted this in the supporters forum, but I don't appear to have the necessary privileges.

I'm just wondering what the technique is for successfully saving the selected tops walked, when posting a walk report.

It worked for one or two of my earlier reports, but recently I just can't get the selections to save.

So is it me, or is it the forum??? :D

Any help appreciated.

Oliver

By Oli R C on 13/06/17 at 7:50pm

No sooner have I asked the question, I've found a solution - you can do it within the mapping software, which I discovered while checking out my GPX uploads, in relation to the current thread in the supporters section.

BUT, can it be done from within Walk Reports, as in my initial question?

By TallPaul on 13/06/17 at 7:56pm

In a word yes. It looks like we've got a bug somewhere. I'll investigate.

I'm also a bit bemused as to why you can't post to the Supporters forum as you are a supporter and we've not change the permissions in there in a very long time. Anyway I'll take a look at that too.

By Oli R C on 13/06/17 at 8:01pm

Thanks Paul,

It's a great feature, so will be good to see it up and working correctly, again.

At least it turns out my query at least had one foot in the mapping section. :lol:

By TallPaul on 14/06/17 at 9:45am

You raised two issues and I'm now ready to address both of them ... I think :)

I would have posted this in the supporters forum, but I don't appear to have the necessary privileges.

This one is weird. You are a supporter (see your shields above) so you should be able to post there. Last night I logged in as a supporter and tried to post there and it let me so it should let you too.

So can you try that again for me please and report back?

I'm just wondering what the technique is for successfully saving the selected tops walked, when posting a walk report.

This was a bug which I've now fixed so future walk reports will again remember the tops you visited and update your walk log.

I've also re-ordered the fields so it solicits distance walked before start OSGB (which gives a more sensible list of tops) and I've re-formatted the list of tops to make it easier to read and to select from.

By Oli R C on 14/06/17 at 5:07pm

Hi Paul,

Good job done on the Tops Walked feature. Looks like it'll be easier to go through the list now, and spot the ones you're looking for.

Regarding the supporters section, I've logged out and back in, just incase it helps, but the issue remains. I don't have a New Topic button to start a new topic, nor do I have a Post Reply button if I view an existing thread.

A bit puzzling, I'm sure!

Couple of screenshots...

By TallPaul on 15/06/17 at 9:38am

I think I may have worked out what's been going on and I think I may have fixed it. Can you try again now? Thanks.

By Oli R C on 15/06/17 at 4:09pm

Thanks Paul, indeed all looks to be fixed. I shall head over there and stick a reply on your latest post, for confirmation. :D

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.