Line thickness of route/track

Forum » General Forums » Mapping

By ThinArthur on 22/05/16 at 9:28am

Hello, Is there anyway to increase the thickness of the route/track displayed on a map? I sometimes find it a bit hard to pick out. Kind regards,

ThinArthur

By TallPaul on 22/05/16 at 6:25pm

Good idea. I'd like to make the colour user configurable too.

By ThinArthur on 22/05/16 at 10:35pm

Thanks TallPaul. Any enhancements of that nature that you can make would be great. Regards,

ThinArthur

By saraofglencoe on 25/05/17 at 7:04am

These previous comments are a year old, but it doesn't look as if TallPaul has had time to do this yet. I would also love to be able to increase the thickness of the route lines on the map - I take a screen shot of the page and add it to my digital photo album of the walk and the route line is currently rather thin.
Yours hopefully....

By TallPaul on 27/05/17 at 1:10pm

My apologies: I'd not added this to the "to do" list. Anyway, now done and it's on the live system. Here's a screen shot of it in action where I've just changed the track colour to a rather lurid green and made it a lot wider.

Screen shot

These settings are retained across sessions. You can reset them to the default width and colour values at any time by pressing the appropriate "reset" button.

By saraofglencoe on 27/05/17 at 3:58pm

Perfect! Thanks very much :D

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.