Waypoints

Forum » General Forums » Mapping

By Jalanto on 23/07/18 at 4:43pm

I have many uses for recording Waypoints on my eTrex. Eg for taking me back to my parked car on a large car park. Also, it can be used to mark a useful object on the ground, perhaps a stile or a milestone.

Am I right in thinking that it is not possible to upload a waypoint to the GPS Mapping on WalkLakes? If they can't be uploaded, I can't see them on my laptop screen.

If I'm correct, could you consider making it possible. :idea:

By TallPaul on 24/07/18 at 10:13am

You are correct: it is not possible to upload a waypoint to the GPS Mapping on WalkLakes.

Having said that we could add the ability both to import waypoints from a loaded GPX file and to export waypoints created within the mapping application to a GPX file, as we do with route1s and track2s.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add it to the list.

1. A route describes where you are intending to go, point by point. For more information click here.
  2. A track records where you have been and when you were there. For more information click here.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.