Displaying multiple gpx files

Forum » General Forums » Supporters

By ThinArthur on 10/12/17 at 8:35pm

Hi TallPaul, Another 'new feature' request if it is possible. I would be interested in being able to display more than one gpx file at the same time to compare different routes. This is quite helpful not only to see where two different walks have differed, but also in preparing new routes by stiching together old ones. Regards,

ThinArthur

By TallPaul on 10/12/17 at 10:03pm

When you say "route" do you mean a route1 you've planned or are you talking about a track2 you've recorded on your GPS during an actual walk?

1. A route describes where you are intending to go, point by point. For more information click here.
  2. A track records where you have been and when you were there. For more information click here.

By ThinArthur on 11/12/17 at 7:21am

Either would be fine (and apologies for the lack of precision - I deliberately used gpx files in the subject line and then lost my way!). I can convert a gpx file from route to track and vice verca using Garmin Basecamp or other tools. My preference would be for tracks, but either would be great. Regards,

Simon

By TallPaul on 11/12/17 at 10:02pm

Tracks might be possible. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for the suggestion.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.