Welcome to our new Web Site

Forum » General Forums » Announcements

By TallPaul on 02/05/19 at 3:38am (last edited 04/05/19 at 7:01pm)

We have just moved our web site to a shiny new server. This server is a lot faster so it should mean that we can serve you pages more quickly and also cope with the ever increasing volume number of visitors to our site.

As part of this move we've made some changes. The biggest of these is that we have completely re-worked the registration and logging in pages which should, hopefully, make them easier for new users. (By the way this means that you will have been logged off so you'll need to log on again.)

We have also completely rewritten the forum software to better fit with the needs of our users. All existing posts have been retained but we've added: threading, the ability to "like" posts, and some big changes to make writing walk reports a lot easier, especially if you have a GPS track of your walk.

And finally, if you find any issues with the site, or you have any suggestions on how we could make things any better, then please do say, either in General discussion forum or, if you're a supporter, the Supporters forum, or contact us directly.

By SheepFarmer on 02/05/19 at 12:35pm

Paul, Moving to your new server seems to have triggered all those email notifications of reponses to my posts that never came so found a pagefull this morning.:roll:

By TallPaul on 02/05/19 at 12:38pm

Yup, not sure what happened there. I got an armful. It seems to have been phpBB's extinction burst :?

BTW there's no DM facility in this forum at the moment. I'm not sure what we should do about that? If anyone has any thoughts then do say.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.