Forum » Walk Reports » Scotland

By Chris Mac on 15/09/15 at 12:47am

Date started:22/05/2015
Distance:11.9 km or 7.4 miles
Ascent:1004m or 3294ft
Time taken:5:00
Naismith:4:03

By rockhopper on 18/09/15 at 8:04am

That looked good - but snow angels :roll: It's a good hill particularly for winter days when the boggy sections can be frozen over - cheers :)

By Chris Mac on 30/09/15 at 12:42am

That looked good - but snow angels :roll: It's a good hill particularly for winter days when the boggy sections can be frozen over - cheers :)

It was and in the defence of my colleague the snow angel was only done to keep his 6 year old daughter happy! :D

I'd have preferred some less cloudy views but what I did see of the surrounding hills, Ben Lui and Ben More in particular, were great and both of those are high on my to-do list as they look like crackers from afar.

I wasn't too keen on the boggy hill climb to start with so I can imagine it would be much better in winter and also not too risky compared to some other winter climbs, perhaps good to go back to for some winter practice at some point and also bag the top which we managed to avoid! No more top missing for me from now on but it gives me the excuse to return when it's a clearer day.

WalkLakes recognises that hill walking, or walking in the mountains, is an activity with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.